Quaint, cosy, sociable – the Latschenhütte with Waltraud, the innkeeper, is a real original and an integral part of the Hoch-Imst family skiing and hiking area. A rest stop at the sun terrace or in one of the parlours is also rewarding because of the typical Tyrolean cuisine. In the summer, a merry-go-round in front of the hut and the nearby pasture zoo are two highlights for the youngest ones. In the winter you can get down into the valley along the Obermarkter Alm natural toboggan run.
21 May - 26 October 2021
- TUE - SUN • 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- MON Closed!
In addition to a relaxing break, you can also have your private celebrations at the Latschenhütte.
Location & Getting there
From the Hoch-Imst car park at the valley station
- Along the toboggan run (forestry trail) • 2 hours
- Along the Ursprungweg trail (Mushroom Trail) • 1.5 hours
- On a ski mountaineering tour past the Opferstock • 2.5 hours
From the mid-station
- Barrier-free for families and seniors • 40 minutes
- Along the children-friendly Jägersteig trail • 50 minutes
Hearty, traditional and prepared with love: The cuisine at the Latschenhütte is perfectly suited to the quaint location and offers all the popular classics that hungry hikers, skiers or tobogganers desire.
Don't miss out on the spinach dumplings, the Beuschel - a ragout of innards - and the sweet Hüttenschmarrn (shredded pancakes) with apple sauce, for which Waltraud and her team are widely known.