on the tracks of the earth's history
On a length of 1,5 kilometers, the Schinderbach brook carves its way from the Blue Grotto through the rocky ridges of the Imst low mountain terraces to the Johanneskirche church. In the process, the water overcomes an altitude difference of 250 meters. For geologists the eroded formations are silent witnesses to millions of years of earth history. For everyone else, the Rosengarten gorge with its wealth of flowers, animals and stones is simply breath-takingly beautiful.
Do you like to look deeper? The wildly romantic gorge and its wonderful natural phenomena can be experienced most intensively on a guided geological-botanical hike.
- from May till October
- on Monday from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- free for guests of the Imst holidays region, €1 for others
Registration in the information office of Imst Tourismus.
- Children-friendly hike from Imst through the Rosengarten gorge to Hoch-Imst (Duration: 1 - 1,5 hours)
- Expect: quaint rest stops, Albin's Play Park, a bathing lake ...
- Ride down into the valley with the Imster Bergbahnen lifts or the Alpine Coaster
- Route back to Imst through the Hachleschlucht gorge, via the Wetterkreuz or by taking the hiking bus
Natural idyll for people and animals
In addition to curious people, completely unexpected guests seem to stray into the Rosengarten gorge time and again: alpine plant and animals species feel at home there, due to the special conditions on site, although their natural habitat is usually at higher altitudes. If you are lucky, the bright red-coloured wallcreeper, a quite rare bird species, presents itself as welcome committee at the entrance of the gorge.
The Rosengarten gorge – Good to know
- NOT suitable for prams and wheelchairs
- closed in the winter
- sturdy boots required
- altitude difference 250 meters
- hiking bus from Hoch-Imst back into the valley